Saturday, March 1, 2008

15/5 February 20th 2008

This is a late entry so although the information pertaining to the week of the 20th, I am getting to it on March 1, 2008. Regardless of the tardiness of the entry, and I do apologize, this should reflect the activity for the week.

My assignment this week seems to be a simple one, I am to use the screen shot Trudian design for the Genesis team and make the changes we have discussed. Well, what may seem simple often has a way of becoming difficult. I spend several hours trying to take the png. file Trudy sent to me and convert it to html.

Trudy mentioned it was just a matter of exporting it as html. into Dreamweaver. However, no matter how many times I try to export, it would not convert into html. I eventually end up attempting to recreate the image in Fireworks for our use but that also doesn’t work well. Since this my first attempt at working with Fireworks and was so far unsuccessful trying to do something I really wanted to do instead of just experimenting, it is a very frustrating experience.
On a more positive note, our team has gotten the sign off on all of deliverables so far. We have a few things to tweak here and there, but for the most part we have gotten the majority of it completed.

We will meet with Dr. Powell tomorrow in team meeting to propose questions about how she envisions the module. We want the module to represent what she believes her camp directors will respond to most positively. In order for this to be a successful prototype for ACA to utilize in the future, it must be something the target audience in this case, the new camp directors, find inviting and user friendly.

Next week:
1. Dr. Powell’s insight on what she would like to see the module become.
2. Look at new deliverables to determine what’s next.
3. Get that screenshot into a usable format.

No comments: