Wednesday, April 23, 2008

15/5 April 23, 2008

Well, this is it. Tomorrow is our Studio showcase and the final presentation of our project. It’s been a long road but I believe we have arrived at our destination pretty well intact. This week we worked on polishing up our lesson units as well as supervising our undergraduate students for the post-test, which is part of our formative evaluation.

We were in the company of about 31 of Dr. Powell’s students whom worked through the module and provided us feedback regarding the navigation, learning activities and interactivity. I think they did a very good job letting us know what issues they perceived. Much of it were bugs we already were aware of but it was good to see that our feedback is consistent.

Tomorrow is also my portfolio defense and I am looking forward to being behind that experience also. I’ve been talking quite a bit about the Instructional Technology program with a few of my co-workers. Since being in the program I have had one person begin the program and another who plans to start in the fall. Our school IT person also mentioned that she may be interested in finding out more about the program.

It feels pretty good to be confident and positive about a program like the IDD program. I know I gained a lot of knowledge and I would hope some of my experiences have inspired these few others to pursue this career.

Next week:
1. Enjoy the lull in activity.

No comments: